Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
Orthopaedic surgery and traumatology is a specialisation encompassing prevention, clinical assessment, diagnosis, surgical and non-surgical treatment, and monitoring - until a definitive functional state is re-established - of cognitive, traumatic, infectious, tumoural, metabolic and degenerative processes, and of acquired functional deformities and disorders of the musculoskeletal system and related structures.
Accredited places: 6
Why specialise at Vall d’Hebron?
- Because your rotations will include a range of services related to Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, such as: The Accident and Emergency Department, the Traumatology Intensive Care Unit, the Plastic Surgery and Burns Unit, Vascular Surgery and Rheumatology.
- Because you will gain knowledge of selection, appropriate use, and practice of invasive and non-invasive manual and instrument-driven procedures applied to the specialisation of orthopaedic surgery and traumatology.
- Because you will gain pharmacological knowledge for the indication and application of pharmaceuticals in developmental changes, the forming and functioning of limbs, the spinal column and related structures.
- Because you will be trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Because you will have the opportunity to take part in clinical sessions and surgical planning.
From 8.30 to 18.00 h.